Thursday, February 07, 2008

February is the month of love...

This second month of the year is good for many reasons. It helps us to remember people we love and why we love them and it helps us endure through the some of the depressing days of winter. When thinking about people and things I love I came up with the obvious. So I thought I'd mix things up a bit and take a new spin on love.

If you know me you know I love food. I love to cook it, read about it, talk about it, and consume good creations of it. Thanks to YHO I've found many new good eats as of late. I emailed them today about my new favorite place to indulge in my one passion. I can't find a website for this new oasis of goodness, but you HAVE to head over to Flour Girls and Dough Boys Artisan Bakery. This place is why I don't bake. I can just go somewhere else that will do the hard work for me and I can enjoy goooooood culinary happiness. All of the breads I've tried so far have been fab and I can't begin to describe the joy I feel when I eat any of their made from scratch goodies. I knew this place was extraordinary after I gave the twinners each a chocolate chip cookie and as I was reveling in my chocolate croissant, all I heard from the back seat was two 2 year old girls saying, "Mmmm...mmmm...mmmmmmmm," over and over.

I'll stop now, but head on over to 35 N Barrett Avenue (150 W) in American Fork just north off of State to Flour Girls and Dough Boys. I borrowed this picture from someone else's blog so you'll have to go see the wonderfulness of this place for yourself.


The only complaint I can even muster about the place is that their white cupcakes contain almond extract and they're a little tough...not such a fan of the almond extract.

4 comments:

  1. Okay this is weird. My sister Shauna was honestly telling me about this place yesterday. Must be pretty good if I hear about it twice in two days!! I will definitely be giving it a try soon. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I love a good bakery. Next time we vacation to Utah we must meet there for pastries...no matter how sick anyone is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My VT companion works there and brought me one of those chocolate croissants....Heaven on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I looove YHO, such a good blog with great info. When you want to go to the places they recommend I'll TOTALLY go with you.

    ReplyDelete