Saturday, January 26, 2008

even I don't like the sick me...


I'm sick...and not like I'm really cool so I say "sick" sick...just plain old I can taste the sickness in my mouth and I'm grumpy sick. I remember growing up when my dad got really sick (which was hardly ever) he would wrap up in this red, black, and white afghan and put on an old baseball hat and just sit in the recliner and sleep. I remember one time he was so delirious he was even making up songs and singing. I don't sing when I'm sick, I just get snappy. I think I snapped at Jon like 5 times today...I promptly apologized each time and then stopped myself mid-snap, but geez! Great guy that he is, he moved what he was going to work on today to Monday and took care of kiddos, picked up pizza and Cafe Rio for dinner and he's even going to the grocery store because it's Saturday and I'm running out of milk, eggs, and formula. I ended up with a good dude. Hopefully this will go away soon...I can't imagine the happiest place on earth will appreciate a sick, snappy mom hanging around for a couple of days.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better and up for your girls night out tonight!

    I am so jealous that you get to go so many places! I was telling Judson that we need to go to Disney Land this year again, just the two of us. Since Michael is a scrooge and Carma is just annoying in public.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very sicky-sick time of year. Emma, then Lydia, then Josh have all been going through feverish junk. I hope you feel better for your trip!! (And that none of the kids get it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks Callie,

    Sorry you are not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon...you guys need to come over and meet our girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are haliraious...love your blog, it is very fun!

    ReplyDelete