Sunday, August 07, 2011

remember this...



from that blog "clover lane" beal showed me once...she's a wise, wise momma :)


1. Getting up earlier than the kids, if at all possible, even for 15 minutes, makes my day magically run so much smoother.
2. number 2 really didn't apply to me so i deleted it :)
3. Planning meals and ingredients and a weekly shopping trip is essential.  Trying to think of what to make for dinner at 5 p.m. makes me miserable, as does not having the right ingredients.  And hungry children at 6:00 p.m. are really really scary.
4. If I want free time, it MUST be planned.  It will never just happen.  Someone will always need something.  It is up to me to plan for it, and if I complain about not having a minute to myself, I only have one person to blame: me.
5. Positive reinforcement goes much farther than nagging, harping, and criticizing



and here are a few other things i've thought of to do that i know will make a big difference...
1. make dinner and eat with the kiddos even when jon is gone.
2. shower before kiddos get up...they even ask me, "mom, why do you still have your clothes on?" when they wake up and i'm already dressed and showered for the day. they think i never went to sleep :)
3. hug ruby more...today when she was assigned to give the scripture in primary she was shy and didn't want to. she went to give me a hug and i almost didn't, but then i did and then she was fine. i had the distinct impression today that she won't always give me those hugs. HUG HER MORE CALLIE!!!
4. the more the kiddos work and the less stuff they have the happier they are...it's the quickest fix to whiners i've found to date. jon and i realized we've been making the mistake of trying to compensate for all the time he's been gone by doing more or working less or giving them more stuff. it totally backfired. they need routine and consistency and to know their expectations. the end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment