Thursday, March 05, 2009

small victory

tonight this kiddo done did me in...just when i'd given up all hope of ever having any of my directions followed after asking the first time, this is what he did:

homeboy went up to his own bathroom (brothers and sisters don't bathe together anymore), filled up his own tub, picked up his dirty clothes off the bathroom floor AND put them in the laundry room into the correct hamper...and i had only asked him to go upstairs and get in the tub!

you'd have thought he'd pulled the entire country out of the recession for how happy and proud i felt at that moment when i realized what had happened. i think he was a little weirded out after i told him thank you for the fifth time in 10 minutes...

so that was my small victory for today and it gave me hope for what a toddler-free future has in store :)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! Isn't it funny the smallest things that make our days?? That picture is soo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smile this brings to me for you!
    -sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...self-sufficiency. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good times, good times! What a good kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to tell you that you inspire me and a gazillion other people. Your awesomeness brings tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the best! I have really enjoyed Hannah as she has gotten bigger. I love it when the opportunity come to give much praise. After all I feel like so often I am nagging them get things done.

    I love that Isaac is earning money. He mentioned that he was paying tithing too. What a Good KID! I must say that it has been such a joy for me to get to spend time with your kids. They are so much fun. Goes to shoe that they have some wonderful parents.

    ReplyDelete