Sunday, April 13, 2008

i need to blog so bad it hurts

this entry will mostly be pictures, unless i come up with something witty or meaningful to share...it's good to be back.

uncle beal turned 26 last week and our super fun, super yummy tradition of mom and sister's birthday lunch lived on strong at tucano's (thanks mom!)

uncle beal used to be a very private person...not anymore! something about turning 26 made her take a dare to swing her saucy b-day present from catie up in the air around her head for $20...sheesh! so much for privacy!

i LOVE being auntie caui (i like that spelling better than "cowie")

and last but not least, i've found a new past time while jon is out of town for weddings. i'm currently addicted to "top chef". i found this amazing thing called amazon unbox where i can download an episode for $1.99. i can watch the current season for free...and i have...all 5 episodes. and this weekend i watched all of season 3. during the finale i got really hungry and decided to go downstais for a midnight snack. i didn't realize until i started cooking the extent to which i am addicted to this show. it's manifesting itself in really strange ways...p.s. i made this meal at 11:32 last night. it's egg in a nest with potatoes i cooked like risotto (pouring in the broth until it cooks down and pouring in some more until the potatoes are tender) garnished with diced tomatoes, italian parsley, extra virgin olive oil and fresh ground pepper. i'm officially weird.

8 comments:

  1. At first I though the egg was cooked inside half a potato and I was really confused, but now I see the light. The potatoes are on the side! Tasty tasty. If only we were living in the Colony again, I could be around taste your midnight creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love top chef too, but we don't get bravo anymore. where can we watch them for free?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, if you're ever in town you are invited over every night at 11:32.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE knowing how to spell caui. Rhymes with maui.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blog! It's just me, an old neighbor. I love your personality on here and I didn't realize you have four kids now. Lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like eggs but that actually looks delish!

    Your sis is so cute, happy bday to her. I really enjoyed meeting her. I have a feeling that your whole family is just as cute as the two of you girls. She needs to come and play Pounce with us again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a top chef fan too. although, I don't have a favorite yet...maybe Stephanie. Or Richard. Or Dale?

    Also, you are one top chef yourself. I'm still thinking about that cranberry horseradish spread!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the best! I can't even imagine having the energy to care for 4 children all day and then cook something so amazing for a MIDNIGHT snack! Call me next time will ya!

    ReplyDelete